205 Elmwood Place firstname.lastname@example.org
Beavercreek, OH 45440 937.750.7470
Supply chain and operations professional seeking Director or VP position, experienced in procurement, forecasting, distribution, production planning and budgeting related to domestic and global facilities. Analytical, insightful, practical problem-solver who is a dedicated, cooperative and ethical team contributor. Proven results in areas of inventory management, process improvement, capacity planning, and team building.
Affinity Specialty Apparel, Inc., Fairborn, OH 2012-Current
Affinity Apparel (formerly GKdirect®) is a premier direct sale custom uniform program provider serving a variety of industries and customers including Delta Airlines, Shell Oil, Toyota, Greyhound and others.
Director of Supply Chain, 2015-Current
Senior Manager, Inventory Management & Sourcing, 2012-2014
Leading all inbound areas of supply chain areas of the business including Procurement, Sourcing, Inventory Management, and Forecasting.
Restaurant Services, Inc., Coral Gables, FL 2012
RSI manages the supply chain for the Burger King system and is the exclusive purchasing agent for the vast majority of products and distribution services used by Burger King restaurant owners in the U.S.
Supply Chain Consultant, 2012
Guided the transition of a new uniform program from King Uniform to the current distributor, analyzing and facilitating information needs to ensure solid operational processes and a successful program rollout.
King Uniform (div. of King Provision), Austell, GA 2009-2012
King Uniform was a $20M company that managed programs and distributed uniforms for well known companies such as Burger King, Subway, KFC, Rally’s/Checkers and Domino’s Pizza among others.
General Manager, 2010-2012
Lead all operational areas of the business with directors and managers as direct reports, including sourcing, warehouse, distribution, procurement, account management, IT/WMS and customer service.
· Managed KPIs to maintain positive results (98% fill rate, 99+% accuracy, positive net income)
· Generated annual operating budget; managed, reviewed and analyzed monthly budget performance.
Supply Chain Manager, 2009-2010
Managed the inventory process including demand forecasting, purchasing and delivery receipt.
· Reduced inventory levels by 30% and improved quality of inventory for over 2,500 SKUs.
· Successfully transitioned 2 accounts ($5M to $9M annually) to new uniform programs with less than 1% obsolete inventory for disposition.
VF Imagewear, Inc. (div. of VF Corporation), Nashville, TN 2000-2008
VF Imagewear is a $900MM division of VF Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and one of the world’s largest apparel companies.
Inventory Manager, (Finance), 2005-2008
Managed $200MM+ monthly financial inventory reporting and forecasting; annual planning; periodic physical inventories; and excess/obsolete inventory activity.
· Improved excess inventory reserve requirements $500k by refining reserve methodology.
· Reduced annual physical inventory losses $800k by resolving accrual process issues at plant locations and facilitating materials usage corrections with procurement and engineering.
Jeff Smith Page 2
Operations Manager, (DC Inventory), 2004-2005
Managed safety stock levels for over 25,000 SKUs in up to 14 domestic and international distribution centers by analyzing regional distribution and replenishment activities.
· Improved inventory turns 5-10% by regularly evaluating SKU productivity and gaining support of sales and merchandising to reduce or change specific items stocked by location.
Operations Manager, (Production Planning), 2000-2004
Managed weekly production capacity plans for up to 12 foreign and domestic manufacturing facilities, including both internal and contracted capacity; planned future finished goods inventory to maintain 95% service levels and meet specific weekly inventory targets by production unit and location.
· Honored with the 2003 VF Excellence Award for successful roll out of a multi-million dollar uniform program within severe time, materials and capacity constraints.
· Improved, standardized and documented planning and scheduling processes through best-practice analysis and collaboration with our department and other associated functional areas.
J. E. Morgan Knitting Mills, Inc. (div. of Sara Lee Corporation), Hometown, PA 1989-2000
J. E. Morgan Knitting Mills was a $120MM retail packaged knitwear manufacturer formerly owned by Dawson International and acquired by Sara Lee Corporation in 1999.
Production & Materials Planning Department Manager, 1998-2000
Managed materials planning and production scheduling for up to 8 domestic and foreign facilities; coordinated weekly corporate raw materials purchase plans with purchasing manager and master production scheduler; created annual production capacity plans by product category and location.
· Successfully lead department through major organizational restructuring, company sale and assimilation into the new corporate parent.
Plant Manager/Pennsylvania Apparel Manager, 1992-1998
(Tower City, Williamstown, Gilbertsville, Valley View, PA)
Managed up to 4 manufacturing facilities with plant/production managers as direct reports and a combined workforce of up to 600 producing over 300,000 units/week; responsible for financial control, quality, human resources, production control, safety, productivity and facility maintenance.
· Reduced plant work-in-process inventory by 70% and improved production turn time by 45%.
· Initiated Activity Based Costing (ABC) as part of a corporate project team to refine cost drivers, reanalyze margins and drive improved product pricing.
· Created a 5-year growth plan for Honduras facility, including production output plan, resource requirements, and implementation timetable, in order to reduce cost and maintain future margins.
MBA, University of Scranton, Scranton, PA
BS in Operations Management, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
Professional and Civic Associations
APICS: Dayton Chapter Board Member
Boy Scouts of America: Troop 56-Scoutmaster
Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Dynamics AX, SAP, i2, AS400