Montgomery Industry Partners (MIP) is a stand-alone informal association of both Montgomery area industry partners as well as the Maxwell AFB and Gunter Annex community. We are not affiliated with any other organizations.
NEXT MIP meeting: 3 June 2016 0615, Building 500 Interstate Park, Room 507
Lee Terrell (TSCTI), Arnie Regan, John O’Connor (Windmill)
No MIP Meeting Next Week -- 20 May (MITS) -- or 27 May (Memorial Day Weekend)
The MIP notes are intended for local Montgomery area Industry and Government Partners. Recipients may choose to forward. Any email lists associated with MIP should not be forwarded or shared outside of MIP
FROM the Editor:
If you have an item that should be included in the notes, please email that to MIPDistro@gmail.com NLT than 5 PM the day before a MIP meeting. This will insure accuracy when being posted to the notes.
CHANGING EMAIL ADDRESS? Send an email to MIPDistro@gmail.com with the old and new addresses. It will be updated within a few days.
RESUMES: If you want to pass along a resume for distribution, you can also send that directly to MIPDistro@gmail.com. As we mentioned a few months ago, if the resume is for someone you are trying to help, suggest you do a little “peer review/QC” before forwarding on. Some of the resumes of late that have been received could have used some help. (Actually, some could have used a LOT of help!)
- Increased flexibility in applying budget cuts
- Considering the "closing or warm basing of some installations"
- Changing wing-level organizations to group organizations
- Revising an agreement with the Council of Governors to allow USAF leaders to consult directly with the council when requested
- Discontinuing the use of non-disclosure agreements in the corporate process.
· 15 June: Doing Business With the Government. 0900-1200. The Montgomery Chamber is partnering with the Alabama State University Small Business Development Center Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) to bring counseling to our Chamber members at the Montgomery Chamber’s Business Resource Center. PTAC procurement contracting counselors are dedicated to providing assistance in assessing your potential as a government contractor. Whether you are new to government contracting or you have sought contracts in the past, PTAC can help you! Registration required. For additional information, please contact Dava Hornbreak, 334.832.4790, firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be repeated on 20 July. (13 May 2016)