Fast Rope Notes St Louis 8.25.16
· Connie Chrome and Carla McMullen Facilitors
· Greg Schwartz, SuperTek Hosting
· Update your corporate profile in www.Fastrope.org This is how other Fast Ropers find you for teaming.
· You need to select to receive forum notices in FastRope if you want to know when new things are posted in forums. Otherwise you will not find out unless you manually go look.
David Hart, Segue Technologies
· I'm presenting "Teaming to Win Federal Contracts" at the two upcoming events. The approach feeds off of the Fast Rope Model emphasizing relationships and intel. The LCMC event has a registration fee, the Collider is free. Hope to see you there.
o Slides: https://fastrope.wildapricot.org/resources/Pictures/Team%20to%20Win%20Federal%20Contracts%20Public%20Presentation.pdf
o AFLCMC Industry Days
§ Date: September 14-16, 2016
§ Location: UD River Campus, 1700 South Patterson Blvd Dayton, Ohio 45469.
§ More: http://www.wpafb.af.mil/lcid
o The Collider Project (AFRL SB)
§ Date: Thursday, September 29, 2016 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
§ Location: Tec^Edge 5000 Springfield Street, Suite 100, Dayton, O
§ More: http://www.meetup.com/collider/events/233612590/
· Slides from AFCEA Log IT Summit: https://fastrope.wildapricot.org/resources/AFCEA%20LOA%20AF%20Log%20IT%20Summit%20Slides.pdf
· Fast Roper, Al Mink, rides coast to coast for AFCEA/STEM, tandem skydives in Dayton, and rides to altitude with David Hart. Skydiving Video of Al: https://www.facebook.com/transamericac4s/videos/pcb.1811202145833305/1811199885833531/?type=3&theater
· GSA Aliant II Updates: The Contracting Office released Amendment #4 on August 9, 2016 for the ALLIANT 2 SB requirement. The purpose of the Amendment is to revise section L.3.4 - Proposal Due Date and Address Location. Proposals remain due no later than 4:00 PM CT on September 12, 2016. Hand delivered proposals will only be accepted on September 12, 2016 between 9:00 AM CT and 4:00 PM CT. Awards are anticipated to be made in 2017. For more information on ALLIANT 2 SB, please refer to Opportunity ID:
· DISA Encore III Updates: According to the GAO website, the three protests submitted by Booz Allen Hamilton and CACI Inc. have been Sustained on August 3, 2016. These protests are covered by a protective order, which means that some information in the decisions may require redaction before public release. A final redacted version of the decisions will be posted when this process is complete. Awards for ENCORE III were previously anticipated to be made in October 2016.
· AF Netcents-2 Updates: Govt adds three years to NC-2 App Services SB and implements a modest increase to the ceiling. No definitive communication yet about on boarding or off boarding on Small Business that have outgrown the size standard.
· Upcoming Dayton Wright AFCEA Events - https://daytonwrightafcea.wildapricot.org/
o AFCEA/LOA Golf Outing, August 15
o AFCEA/LOA Air Force Logistics IT Summit, August 16
· The Air Force Information Technology & Cyberpower Conference, AFITC 2016 – Montgomery, Alabama – August 29 – 31st, After a 4-year hiatus, what was once a must-attend event for so many IT leaders is returning to Montgomery this August. The Air Force Information Technology & Cyberpower Conference is bringing together Air Force IT experts, prominent IT academics, and America’s best cybersecurity vendors for 3 days of exhibits, speakers, education, and discussion about the ways we can better defend America from cyber-attacks, advanced persistent threats, and proactively lead in this in this increasingly digital world. http://www.afitc-event.com/
· DLA Land & Maritime Supplier Conference & Exposition, August 29-September 1, 2016, Nationwide Conference Center, Columbus, OH. The conference theme aligns with the DOD’s focus on Better Buying Power 3.0. This conference will provide an opportunity to build new and strengthen existing partnerships, at both the strategic and tactical levels and should be of interest to both small and large business. www.ndia.org/meetings/6780
· AFCEA NOVA 9th Annual Joint Warfighter IT Day, September 1, 2016, Sheratons Tysons Corner, https://www.afceanova.org/9th-annual-joint-warfighter-it-day
· AFLCMC Life Cycle Industry Days (LCID), Our goals for Life Cycle Industry Days are to continue existing and forge new relationships between government and industry senior leaders and their multifunctional teams; provide a forum to discuss near and long-term requirements; and provide an opportunity for large and small business to discuss possible partnerships. We will provide current and projected warfighting requirements, technology, and cost saving/innovative initiatives. We have been working closely with our industry partners to ensure we maximize the return on investment for all who attend. The overall LCID focus is on the life cycle management across AFLCMC portfolios. Specifically, we'll focus on Propulsion, ISR & SOF, Mobility, Tankers, Agile Combat Support, Fighter/Bomber, and Foreign Military Sales. September 14-15 will be filled with discussions of AF requirements and discussion areas. September 16 is dedicated to one-on-one discussions between Air Force and Industry. The event will also accommodate opportunity discussions between large and small businesses for future partnering. The location for LCID is the University of Dayton River Campus. The River Campus is located at the former NCR World Headquarters, 1700 South Patterson Blvd Dayton, Ohio 45469. Please contact my POCs, Tim Frey, 937-904-6999, and Mary Hagan, 937-904-5507, should you have any questions. Please mark your calendars now and I look forward to seeing you at the event! http://www.wpafb.af.mil/lcid
· Air Force Marathon, Sep 17, 2016, http://www.usafmarathon.com/
· Ohio Defense Forum, October 5 – 6, 2016, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, Hosted by Congressman Michael Turner, Communities that host Department of Defense organizations play an important part in supporting military missions. With on-going discussions such as Base Realignments and Closure (BRAC), budget cuts and partnership initiatives, the Ohio Defense Forum will feature defense experts who will outline the current defense environment, and share best practices for keeping Ohio’s military installations strong. We invite you to SAVE THE DATE and attend the 2016, Ohio Defense Forum. Website and Registration info coming soon!
· AFCEA ACE Alamo Cyber Conference, December 5-8, San Antonio, http://wwCw.alamoace.org/
· AFCEA NOVA Air Force IT Day, December 8, 2016, Sheraton Tysons Corner, https://www.afceanova.org/
1. Greg Schwartz, Superlative Technologies (dba SuprTEK), Inc.