The Offices at Midtown
Building 500 Interstate Park Drive, Room 507
Lee Terrell (Steel Point Solutions), Arnie Regan (Macalogic), John O’Connor (Oasis)
The MIP notes are intended for local Montgomery Area Industry and Government Partners. Recipients may choose to forward. Any email lists associated with MIP should not be forwarded or shared outside of MIP.
Format Notes: The date at the end of the content indicates when the item was last updated.
· How to approach Innovation at BES. John Hulsey visited with MIP this morning. BES is looking at ways to better understand what Industry can bring to the table in terms of innovation. What BES needs is "state of the market," not necessarily the "bleeding edge" type of innovation. MGMWerx will be involved to help facilitate. More to come. (3 May 2019)
· Military Salute at Riverwalk Stadium is tonight. The event is already a near sellout. (3 May 2019)
· AFLCMC Industry Day. There will be an AFLCMC Life Cycle Industry Days event, including all of the PEOs, planned for 19-21 June 2019, at Wright Patterson AFB. Go to https://www.wpafb.af.mil/lcid/ for full information. (26 April 2019)
Other Chamber Events. Details and registration for these events can usually be found at www.montgomerychamber.com. Select “View Calendar” from the left side of the home page below the “Calendar of Events” listing for a full summary of upcoming events.
· Joseph C. Pine, 87, passed away Friday April 26, 2019, at the Colonel Robert L. Howard State Veterans Home in Pell City, Alabama. Joe served 20 years in the U. S. Air Force where he retired as a Chief Master Sergeant and later from Civil Service at Gunter Air Force Station. He served in both the Korean and Vietnam wars where he was awarded several medals including the Bronze Star. When he joined the Air Force, he wanted to become an aircraft mechanic but was chosen to work in computers where he became a highly respected Programmer. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m. TODAY at Alabama Heritage Funeral Home with interment following in Alabama Heritage Cemetery, Montgomery, Alabama. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service.
· Arnie Regan has retired from Macalogic, and will embark on his next career of a gentleman farmer and man of leisure. He will continue (we hope) as part of the MIP Leadership Triumvirate.