Montgomery Industry Partners (MIP) is a stand-alone informal association of both Montgomery area industry partners as well as the Maxwell AFB and Gunter Annex community. We are not affiliated with any other organizations.
NEXT Regular MIP meeting: 9 August 2019
(Doors open NLT 0530; meeting starts at 0615)
The Offices at Midtown
Building 500 Interstate Park Drive, Room 507
Lee Terrell (Steel Point Solutions), Arnie Regan (Gentleman Farmer), John O’Connor (Oasis)
The MIP notes are intended for local Montgomery Area Industry and Government Partners. Recipients may choose to forward. Any email lists associated with MIP should not be forwarded or shared outside of MIP.
Format Notes: The date at the end of the content indicates when the item was last updated.
(2 August 2019)
· MGM E-Sports & Gaming. The AFCEA Montgomery Chapter, in partnership with AFITC, TechMGM, and Dell, invite you participate in the MGM eSports & Gaming CS:GO Tournament on Tuesday, August 27th, 1700-1900. Single and team registrations will both be taken. Single registrants will be pooled into a team of 5 and notified ahead of time who their teammates will be and their team name, though it is recommended to register for the event as a team if possible. Registration is $5 (individual) and $25 (team). If you and some friends want to play together but don't have enough for your own team, please put their names and emails in the details of your registration so we can keep you together on a team if possible! Register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mgm-esports-and-gaming-afitc-csgo-tournament-tickets-66565329693. (2 August 2019)
· Space and Missile Defense Conference. The annual Space and Missile Defense Conference will be at the von Braun Center in Huntsville, Alabama on August 6, 2019. For agenda, registration and other information, see www.smdsymposium.org. (14 June 2019)
· 2019 AFA Community Partner Appreciation Luncheon. We are pleased to announce 2019 AFA Community Partners Appreciation Lunch on August 22, 2019, 1115 to 1300 at the Maxwell AFB Club. Due to limited capacity for this event, make reservations early. Go to https://s01.123signup.com/servlet/SignUpMember?PG=1531364182300&P=15313641911433784900 (7 June 2019)
· BEST Robotics. Behind the scenes a lot of people have worked to establish a new host and venue for the BEST Robotics competition. The 2019 BEST will be held here in Montgomery with the following key dates:
Volunteers are needed, especially for game day. Sign up at mgmbest.com, or contact Lee Sumner at email@example.com or 334.652.8641. (2 August 2019)
· A retirement ceremony in honor of Col Kyna McCall will be held on 23 August 2019 at the Senior NCO Academy Auditorium at 1330. For information and to RSVP, please go to https://einvitations.afit.edu/inv/anim.cfm?i=462926&k=066740007951.